Performing Vulnerability Assessments
This two-day intermediate course on conducting thorough assessments course covers the most popular security weaknesses found in Web applications and how to remediate them. Students will learn how to look at their Websites from a hacker’s point of view to build the most secure applications to best protect company data.
The class focuses on practical lessons that can be applied to real-world hacking problems. Students are given a methodology to use when conducting formal application security assessments, including how to:
- Conduct a thorough assessment
- Rate the risk of identified vulnerabilities
- Compile the assessment results into an actionable report
- Learn how to run your own vulnerability assessment scans and interpret results
- Identify and fix Website vulnerabilities
- HTTP 101
- Session Management
- Input/Output Validation
- Error Handling
- Securing the logged-in portion of your Website
- Web application security products and tools overview
- Google hacking
This course is recommended for developers, QA engineers, and information security analysts.